Monday 1 September 2014

30 Day Fashion Challenge

Hello spring we've missed you!! And hello to all our confetti sisters! Welcome to the first day of spring and welcome to the first day of a spring cleaning challenge I'm kicking off this month. I'm attempting a 30 day shopping detox inspired by Leigh Campbell of The Daily Coverage

Leigh set herself the challenge of not buying a single item of clothing for 30 days and not wearing the same outfit twice. Like this fashion loving blogger I always seem to have nothing to wear yet my wardrobe is bursting with unworn clothes. So here I go...

Here are the rules: wear each piece of clothing in your wardrobe without repeating for 30 days. Now there are some exceptions for staples, Leigh has included bags and shoes in this, but I'm also going to add black jeans (cause these are a base for a lot of my outfit combinations). So I'm going to allow these, along with shoes to be repeated up to four times each.

Also, and this is a biggie, but I'm not allowed to buy any clothes during this time eekk! haha this will be a good thing, not only for my bank account but also to actually wear the clothes I have more than once. If I find that I don't wear an item during this time cause I don't like it then out it goes!
Side note: I never actually throw my clothes in the bin, unless it's really old and worn. I always donate them to op shops then someone else can at least enjoy wearing them :)

The outcome of this challenge is to utilise every item in your wardrobe, because I'm not sure about you but it feels like I wear the same clothes over and over.

I'll keep you up to date by posting my daily outfits each week. If you want to take on the challenge too let me know in the comments section or on Facebook and share your photos with us!!

Here's some of my outfit inspo for week one...





Happy spring
C xx

Photos thanks to Pinterest.

No comments:

Post a Comment